Re: Not One Thing on First Q...Art Contests...?

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Bennett (sbennett)
Sat, 7 Aug 1999 20:02:16 -0400

Hi, Ameritech runs a contest in our city for 1st - 6th graders. The
students are asked to draw their favorite place in our town. They choose a
winner from each grage level throughout our metroplolitan area. Each
student wins a $1,000.00 savings bond. The school receives $1,000.00 to use
for educational materials. Needless to say the competition is rough just
for the money alone. The very nice thing for the student and school,
besides the money, is that the student's art work is reproduced in the
yellow pages. It appears throughout the phonebook, along with the student's
name and school name. They present this at a very nice reception. It is
a good lesson on architecture and historical places in our area,as well as
thinking about activities and places that make our community special. It
is also a good commercial art lesson seeing their own work reproduced. Hope
this helps. Susan

> From: Spark2arts
> To: artsednet.edu
> Subject: Re: Not One Thing on First Q...Art Contests...?
> Date: Friday, August 06, 1999 10:03 PM
>
> I realize The subject of Art Contests is a s t a t i c, boring concept.
BUT.