RE: art supply catalog list, compiled for you

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Nagel, Judy (JNagel)
Fri, 6 Aug 1999 13:40:32 -0500

Hi Everyone, Just wanted to say thanks for including Sax on the list. You
are our favorites too! I also want to remind you that in his letter on the
inside front cover of the Sax catalog, Dick says we will "meet or beat any
published price on name brand products." Here's wishing a great year to all.
Best regards, Judy

-----Original Message-----
From: MaryAnn Kohl [maryann]
Sent: Friday, August 06, 1999 11:59 AM
To: Artsednet Artsednet
Subject: art supply catalog list, compiled for you

Hey, Art Teachers, Art People, Art Etc.'s:
Here are the repsonses that came in for your favorite Arts and Crafts
supply catalogs. I think because school is out, I didn't get a very wide
response, so I will try this again in the fall. But for now, here they are.
I learned some new ones! Hope this comes in handy. If you have more, let me
know and I will add them to my list and repost an expanded list.
MaryAnn Kohl
maryann

Artist's Alternative
For my own personal supplies, I either go to Artistsšs Alternative the
(already mentioned by Jessica, and heartily seconded by me) or call Cheap
Joe's Art Stuff at www.cheapjoes.com

Cheap Joešs
http://www.cheapjoes.com/
and don't let his name put you off.
They have quality watercolor stuff, a real cool attitude, quotes and other
stuff. They are quick and dependable too. Service is first, no I don't get
a cut.

CRIZMAC
is my absolute favorite. They speak to the "multicultural' aspect of the
arts wonderfully. I also think that the company Crystal Productions should
be commended for offering affordable visuals and good quality art prints.
Thanks for your efforts!
www.crizmac.com
(Crizmac ­ great multicultural stuff)

Crystal Productions
800-255-8629
great reproductions reasonably priced.

Davis
www.davis-art.com
for books, all sorts of visuals including slides, videos, cd's.
http://www.davis-art.com/contact.htm
Davis Publications. Inc.
50 Portland Street, Worcester, MA 01608
800-533-2847 or 508-754-7201
Fax 508-753-3834
For Customer Service and General Information
contact Andrea Charron acharron@davis-art.com

Discount School Supply
www.earlychildhood.com
all kinds of school supplies and art supplies, including their own
products like BioColor and Liquid Watercolors

Fascinating Folds
I ordered origami at this site.
www.fascinating-folds.com.
Service was quick, good price and the catalog ordered a great origami video
from is an education in itself.

Daniel Smith
for elegant art supplies and a really interesting catalog. they have a
fabulous supply of papers and printmaking products, and feature customers'
art works within the pages. And, thanks to woody's website, their site
address was a few clicks
away!
http://www.danielsmith.com/
or phone 1-800-426-6740

NASC0 ­
-various offices around the country - lowest prices for
printmaking supplies - will dicker with you on the phone for large
quantities

Sax Arts & Crafts
www.saxarts.com
all kinds of art supplies, as well as art appreciation materials

The Artist's Alternative
10 Sims Rd
W. Hartford CT 06117
1-860-236-3803 or 1-800-927-8258
I worked for this art supply store for several years while going to art
school. They have a terrific selection of artist and student grade
materials and a wonderful supply of oil paints, including Williamsburg and
Old Holland (my personal favorites). The staff is really helpful if you
call to order stuff because they are all artists and use the materials.

MaryAnn F. Kohl (WA)
maryann
http://www.brightring.com/books