Re: Ask Jeeves

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
wduncan (wduncan)
Fri, 06 Aug 1999 00:35:38 -0500

Different search engines prefer different ways of wording - as "John Brown"
often works to find all john browns and not also all johns and all browns,
some allow a + sign to mean must be included as in
"john brown" + abolitionist + kansas that way you don't get every site
with the word kansas in it.
ZDTV is suppose to have a feature tomorrow on how to best word searches
with different engines.
Woody, in Kansas City

Charlotte Griswold wrote:

> Just a word of caution about the meta may still have to
> use one of the individual search engines if you don't know how the
> different meta define their searches. It is amazing what you get from
> the different engines, and also from the different meta searches. It
> makes for intriguing discovery and sometimes frustration, as I guess you
> have all found out.
> --
> Charlotte Griswold
> OakHill Middle School
> ClearLake CA. 95457
> griswald

This E-mail message is from Artist/Teacher Woody Duncan Rosedale Middle School in Kansas City, Kansas the new URL for school is to see my beautiful grandkids Tim, Tess and Tiff click on to see my students working in the RMSartSTUDIO click on to contact me via E-mail click on wduncan better yet visit my Web Site at

  • Reply: Wizzlewolf: "Re: Re: Ask Jeeves"