Re: printing question

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
wduncan (wduncan)
Thu, 05 Aug 1999 22:09:35 -0500

I'll have to admit I'm a bit spoiled. My shop teacher threw out several
hundred sheets of some type of flexible plastic sheets. We have used
them for monotype and for drypoint with lots of success. Some year I
will run out. I also use Plexiglas, but buy it from a company here that
sells the scrap in various sizes quite cheap. Years ago I used x-ray
film, it works great but I doubt you could get much any more since they
recover so much silver from it. Have you tried to contact companies that
do offset litho to see if you could get discarded plates, they should
work well. Besides battleship linoleum, which cost like gold right now,
my best prints come from
doing collographs. we use discarded mat board for the base and cut the
images from something like oaktag. We glue it down with elmers and coat
it with house paint. When we print we roll on 3 to 4 colors over each
other and print it all at once. Fantastic results.
Woody in Kansas City

--

This E-mail message is from Artist/Teacher Woody Duncan Rosedale Middle School in Kansas City, Kansas the new URL for school is http://kancrn.kckps.k12.ks.us/user04 to see my beautiful grandkids Tim, Tess and Tiff click on http://www.taospaint.com/NineMonths.html to see my students working in the RMSartSTUDIO click on http://kancrn.kckps.k12.ks.us/user04/art.self.htm to contact me via E-mail click on wduncan better yet visit my Web Site at http://www.taospaint.com