Re: Classroom Cleaning

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
gregjuli
Thu, 05 Aug 1999 17:22:13 -0500

Howdy ,
This cleaning talk reminded me of last year when my 7th graders decided to
get creative with clean-up.
My rule is simple , everything in it's place or where you found it. Cleaning
is done cooperatively by the students who sit together at a table. Anyhow
,one day the students at one particular table knew as usual to place the
materails neatly in the center of the table, but got an idea. They made a
sculpture ( of sorts) out the materials ( I think it was brushes, scissors,
papers ect.). It was quite funny and caught on with the rest of the class.
Each day each table tried to out do each other who could stack materials
creatively. It sure made the clean-up fun and done with less fooling around
because they were all busy discussing how to stack the materials.
MaryB