Sketchbook ideas

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
lindacharlie (lindacharlie)
Tue, 03 Aug 1999 18:10:12 -0500

To Bunki, DeDe, Cheryl, and all,

Bunki Kramer wrote, and forgot to post to the group:

> Thank you soooooo much for compiling these. Someone should write a book of
> "just" IDEAS to use instead of just telling you "why" sketchbooks should be
> used in the classroom. That's always my gripe when you get project books.
> They spend so much time and page space telling you all the standards that
> are being used and what artists you should bring in. Hey...just give me the
> project ideas, thank you very much. I can figure out all the other stuff on
> my own.
>
> I haven't been an advocate of sketchbooks in the past (as I hated doing
> them myself in school) but I've made plans this coming year to re-introduce
> them as a collection source for dittos, note taking, and techniques along
> with thumb-nail sketching. I thank this group for charging me up for this
> adventure. I'm looking forward to seeing what else we might come up with
> using our sketchbooks which will be another interesting learning experience
> for an old toodler like me. Thanks oddles....toodles....
>
> Bunki Kramer - Los Cerros Middle School
> 968 Blemer Rd., Danville, California 94526
> bkramer.ca.us...(sch)925-552-5620

compilation. I'm not sure how the group got started on compiling
things...was it MaryAnn???...but I really appreciate having resources
like this all in one post instead of having to search through the
archives for things. I, for one, hope we can keep doing/sharing the task
of compiling this kind of thing.