Re: Prep time

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
wduncan (wduncan)
Mon, 02 Aug 1999 20:30:50 -0500

The solution to abuse is a block schedule. You know, classes meet every other
day for twice as long. there are different adaptations, but usually 4 classes
meet on monday and the next four meet on tuesday and so forth. right now I my
students have eight 43 minute classes and an advisory/lunch period to boot. I
can't wait until we go to block and have four 90 minute classes where you have
time to get some quality teaching done. I observed in three middle schools a
couple of years ago with block schedules. What a difference, only it was too
bad they were just teaching longer not teaching differently. The beauty of the
block is that you can do a decent presentation, and have time to work
carefully, and clean up, and have closure time too. Now my students spend a
good part of their day just moving around in the halls between classes.
in Kansas City

Lorena Nalin wrote:

> God bless all those teachers who are abused,
> I don't know how anyone can physically or mentally teach more than six
> classes in one day, not to mention how can kids stand to have more than six
> a day. I tried, it nearly killed me.
> Tucson, AZ

This E-mail message is from Artist/Teacher Woody Duncan Rosedale Middle School in Kansas City, Kansas the new URL for school is to see my beautiful grandkids Tim, Tess and Tiff click on to see my students working in the RMSartSTUDIO click on to contact me via E-mail click on wduncan better yet visit my Web Site at