Re: Prep time

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
wduncan (wduncan)
Mon, 02 Aug 1999 20:30:50 -0500

The solution to abuse is a block schedule. You know, classes meet every other
day for twice as long. there are different adaptations, but usually 4 classes
meet on monday and the next four meet on tuesday and so forth. right now I my
students have eight 43 minute classes and an advisory/lunch period to boot. I
can't wait until we go to block and have four 90 minute classes where you have
time to get some quality teaching done. I observed in three middle schools a
couple of years ago with block schedules. What a difference, only it was too
bad they were just teaching longer not teaching differently. The beauty of the
block is that you can do a decent presentation, and have time to work
carefully, and clean up, and have closure time too. Now my students spend a
good part of their day just moving around in the halls between classes.
Woody
in Kansas City

--

This E-mail message is from Artist/Teacher Woody Duncan Rosedale Middle School in Kansas City, Kansas the new URL for school is http://kancrn.kckps.k12.ks.us/user04 to see my beautiful grandkids Tim, Tess and Tiff click on http://www.taospaint.com/NineMonths.html to see my students working in the RMSartSTUDIO click on http://kancrn.kckps.k12.ks.us/user04/art.self.htm to contact me via E-mail click on wduncan better yet visit my Web Site at http://www.taospaint.com