Re: sleeping students

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
gregjuli
Sat, 29 Aug 1998 16:33:20 -0500

#3 has worked GREAT for me. I've rarely had to do it ( have kids come at lunch
or after school). Like Maggie I remember some boring art history classes from long
ago, but from a class I took a few years ago I learned to try to make the slide
talk more like a story for the middle school kids. I don't know how it would work
for high schoolers. But I know I enjoyed slides when the teacher in the class I
took did stories for the us (teachers) in the class instead of just presenting cold
facts. She told the human side of the artist too. I remember the instructor
throwing in humor and some occassional sarcasm which made the slide presentstion
quite memorable. I do agree for all students one has to watch the time talking. As
necessary as it is, we have to take our clues from the kids.MaryB