Re: Mandalas-web site found / Questions / Concerns

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Alix E. Peshette (apeshet)
Sat, 29 Aug 1998 09:38:05 -0700

From: Juncture
Date sent: Sat, 29 Aug 1998 05:28:36 EDT
To: artsednet.edu
Subject: Mandalas-web site found / Questions / Concerns

Hi All,

A approach to integrating mandalas into an art unit would be to take
a multi-cultural look at circular, symmetrical forms. It will be
obvious that the history of art (in all cultures) is intertwined with
religion of all sorts. The rose windows of gothic cathedrals is just
one example of circular symmetrical forms with religious
connoctations.

By including examples from many cultures, I think you can
successfully defuse parental fears. Have a great school year and let
us know how the unit goes!

-Alix Peshette
Emerson Junior High School
Davis, CA