Re: how to display work

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
gregjuli
Thu, 27 Aug 1998 16:22:45 -0500

D. kain wrote:

> So many art teachers don't have a clue as to how important this is to your
> job! I see many teachers slap the work up, and because they arrange it OK,
> they think it's great. Well, every year I get raves on the kids' work
> because I take a little more time. The result is the WORK looking so much
> better!

Boy, do I agree with you on this one! It's amazing how a little extra time
(well sometimes it's a lot of extra time) will make the kids work look even
better. But than that applies for artwork that isn't kid made too. If you
want people to really take notice of displays, it pays to take the time to make
them look good. In my middle school classes I like to have the kids mount
their work on black paper or tagboard (once in a while a color - depends on the
artwork). It seems to make them appreciate there work even more when it looks
totally finished off. I find they are more likely to take it home too! ( one
of the challenges of middle school).
MaryB