Re: Teacher pay

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Lauretta A. Hendricks-Backus (lhb.edu)
Thu, 27 Aug 1998 12:39:10 -0500

I now realize this was a joke.

Unfortunately I too often hear people complain about teachers and how
"little" they do and how "too much" they get paid. It seems that there is a
National trend to demonize the teaching profession.

I really believe in public education and I believe with support it works.
Education HAS improved in the last 20, 30, 40 years just compare drop out
rates. Or compare what is expected now as to then of teachers. I work with
the hardest working people ever who deserve what little they get (and
more). Everyday in the paper I read some B.S. about the failing of schools.
So I guess I am a little overly sensitive to jokes about it. It's just
not funny to me.

Retta
and it's hot too!