Re: Painting Windows

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Litesal (Litesal)
Tue, 25 Aug 1998 09:11:49 -0400

-----Original Message-----
From: Jerry & Anne Carman-Hendel <hendel>
To: artsednet.edu <artsednet.edu>
Date: Monday, August 24, 1998 7:45 PM
Subject: Painting Windows

I have painted windows using liquid tempera, which can be too runny, thickly
mixed powdered tempera (with soap mixed in) which flakes off when dry, and
finally tempera cakes, with a drop of dish detergent squirted on top. The
tempera cakes work best for me, as long as you get them thick enough to
stick. I have had great success with the cakes, and now those are all I
use. The best part of using the cakes, is that they are not as messy, you
don't have to use separate containers to mix the paint with the soap (which
helps the paint stick to the windows).

Sincerely, Leah