Re: Need suggestions

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Litesal (Litesal)
Wed, 19 Aug 1998 18:01:03 -0400

-----Original Message-----
From: Christine Merriam <ktwnldy.az.us>
To: CastinPhan <CastinPhan>
Cc: Artsednet.edu <Artsednet.edu>
Date: Wednesday, August 19, 1998 12:21 PM
Subject: Re: Need suggestions

>Re:
>> I need a few suggestions on what to do with those students who are
done quickly.

I constantly walk around the room and give "mini-critiques," if a student
finishes early, I simply critique the work, and make lots of suggestions,
that usually sends the student back to the "drawing board." This does not
insult the student (usually) because they usually appreciate the help, and
are more pleased with the results. If, for some reason, the student refuses
my suggestions, and decides not to work on the project any more, I usually
have them help me clean up, organize something, etc. or, they can free draw
(but only if their assignment is acceptable).

Leah