Re: Need suggestions

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Louise Lutton (lutton.us)
Wed, 19 Aug 1998 16:02:07 -0500

--MS_Mac_OE_2986387327_62467_MIME_Part

Chris, I got an idea from
Arts & Activities on organizing this. I've modified it to "Red Dot Kids."
On one corner of each table is a red paper dot. The kids rotate thru the
year to become (a coveted position) a "Red Dot Kid." They are responsible
for getting the supplies, putting supplies away and in charge of their table
clean up...not the slave however! It works out well with a minimum of
bookkeeping on my part.
Louise from Mich.
----------
From: Christine Merriam <ktwnldy.az.us>
To: CastinPhan
Cc: Artsednet.edu
Subject: Re: Need suggestions
Date: Wed, Aug 19, 1998, 9:59 AM

Hi Sal and all,
Re:
> I need a few suggestions on what to do with those students who are
done quickly.

One of my favorite sayings is:
"The first one done is usually the worst one done."
I try to talk to the students about craftsmanship, and re-evaluating
their work before they declare it "finished". Using student made
examples of the same project from years past is a great way to
illustrate the concept. Hold up 2 artworks.... one obviously done in a
hurry, the other showing more pride in craftsmanship. Ask the students
which artwork they would rather take home to show their parents as an
example of their best work.... they get the idea.

>I need a good way to hand out cleaning jobs at the end of class.....any
neat tricks will be appreciated.

Now this is an area where speed can be helpful... I usually assign the
first people who put their artwork on the drying rack a job. My students
are grouped at tables of 4, so I try to choose one student from each
table if possible.

Have fun!
Christine Merriam
Kayenta Intermediate School

--MS_Mac_OE_2986387327_62467_MIME_Part

Re: Need suggestions Chris, I got an idea from
Arts & Activities on organizing this. I've modified it to "Red Do= t Kids." On one corner of each table is a red paper dot. The kids rot= ate thru the year to become (a coveted position) a "Red Dot Kid." = They are responsible for getting the supplies, putting supplies away and in= charge of their table clean up...not the slave however! It works out well = with a minimum of bookkeeping on my part.
Louise from Mich.
> I need a few suggestions on what to do with those students who are = done quickly.

One of my favorite sayings is:
"The first one done is usually the worst one done."
I try to talk to the students about craftsmanship, and re-evaluating
their work before they declare it "finished". Using student made<= BR> examples of the same project from years past is a great way to