Re: Kindergarten lesson plans

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
freckles spots (freckles_spot)
Mon, 17 Aug 1998 15:01:12 PDT

With Kindergarten and is more of the "Process" of art than the
end "Product" that is important. Let the students experiment with many
different medias....crayons, watercolors, temperas, modeling clay, real
clay, fingerpaints, oil pastels, markers, colored pencils...what ever
you have on hand.

One lesson we did in Florida that was alot of fun. I took some old,
large brushes, pails of water with food coloring added, and my students
outside to the sidewalks. We talked about brushes strokes...long,
short....lines, dotted, fat skinny, etc. Then I gave each student a
brush and let them paint their lines and brush strokes on the sidewalk.
Great for large motor skills and teaching brush strokes and lines.

Judy in Oklahoma

>From: "Jana Nicol-Holley" <nicol>
>To: "Arts Education List" <>
>Subject: Kindergarten lesson plans
>Date: Tue, 18 Aug 1998 03:04:15 -0400
>Can anyone direct me to some Kindergarten art lesson plans? I checked
>the Arts EdNet and found a few, but am looking for more. I have a K
>who is heading up the art lessons this year and she needs help because
>doesn't have lots of experience in this area.

Get Your Private, Free Email at