Re: Kindergarten lesson plans

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
freckles spots (freckles_spot)
Mon, 17 Aug 1998 15:01:12 PDT

With Kindergarten and art...it is more of the "Process" of art than the
end "Product" that is important. Let the students experiment with many
different medias....crayons, watercolors, temperas, modeling clay, real
clay, fingerpaints, oil pastels, markers, colored pencils...what ever
you have on hand.

One lesson we did in Florida that was alot of fun. I took some old,
large brushes, pails of water with food coloring added, and my students
outside to the sidewalks. We talked about brushes strokes...long,
short....lines, dotted, fat skinny, etc. Then I gave each student a
brush and let them paint their lines and brush strokes on the sidewalk.
Great for large motor skills and teaching brush strokes and lines.

Judy in Oklahoma