Re: teaching art appreciation to high school freshmen

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
John & Sandra Barrick (astroboy)
Mon, 17 Aug 1998 13:33:59 -0400

I like that, the more conceptual the outline/criteria the
better,because we do want to expand their thoughts and let them
question/ think on their own. So much is paper/report and not much
in the way of true observation. I am speaking in terms of their
other studies,it can be so regimented and not creative. I also like
a formalized outline/criteria and support that too, but it is good
to have an option to expand and not be completely stifled in the
presentation/lesson. In other words allow for self growth. Lessons
which can flex depending on the topic and basic knowledge of the
materials. Analogy- a "morphing lesson"- not necessarily bound by
constraints of a non flexible lesson but which can grow into another
stimulant.

Sandra
(P.S. John- thank God for the spelling button! Solid!)

--
john barrick
Sandra Barrick