Re: teaching art history

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Litesal (Litesal)
Sat, 15 Aug 1998 14:20:52 -0400

-----Original Message-----
From: gjmoore <gjmoore>
To: ArtsEdNet Talk <artsednet.edu>
Date: Saturday, August 15, 1998 2:04 PM
Subject: teaching art history

Dear Glenda, Art, and All,

Having the high school kids present their art history reports to elementary
students is a great idea. At our school, we have "community service"
students (high school, they get to do community service for 1/2 day) help at
our school...they act as teacher's aides and they work one on one with the
students. The high school students are responsible, they learn alot, and
the grade school students adore them. It works well for all. Plus, it has
turned many of the teens on to being teachers.

Speaking of Art being a cool name for an art teacher....I always tell people
"I teach Art." Then I go on to say...."and he's very smart, I've been
teaching him for 7 years." Just a very little humor...

Sincerely, Leah