Re: Teaching schedules

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Jasmine Preston (jdp30)
Thu, 13 Aug 1998 19:03:00 -0500

At the elementary level I went from a classroom one year to a cart for the
next two. I taught 10 25min classes a day. Eventually, it got changed to
5 classes 50min long.

I think elementary art teachers have the most physically demanding
schedules and that discipline is the middle school challenge. I have yet to
discover the high school challenge, but after only 4 days I'm beginning to
suspect it's motivation.

> From: Egartteach
> Subject: Teaching schedules
> Date: Monday, August 10, 1998 8:56 PM
> I am interested in hearing about your teaching schedules. As a part-time
> elementary art teacher, I teach 17 fifty minute classes, between two
> in three days. How many classes do you teach? Are you full or part
> How long are your classes? How much planning time do you get (excluding
> before and after school)? Do you also get assigned duties such as bus,
> and recess duty? As my principal tries to work out the kinks in my
> I would really appreciate hearing how your schedules are planned out.
> Thanks....

  • Reply: Fran Marze: "Re: Teaching schedules"