Re: Teaching Schedules

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Litesal (Litesal)
Wed, 12 Aug 1998 19:33:03 -0400

-----Original Message-----
From: RWilk85411 <RWilk85411>
To: Egartteach <Egartteach>
Cc: <>
Date: Wednesday, August 12, 1998 6:26 PM
Subject: Re: Teaching Schedules

I forgot to mention, the toughest part of teaching 7, 40 min. elementary
classes a day, is not the teaching time. It's not really even the prep.
that it takes. The toughest part is the mixed grade levels, one after the
other. My toughest day last year went grade 1, 2, 5, 3, 2, 1, 1. This year
will be even more mixed up, with kindergarten scattered throughout the week
(instead of on one day, like the last two years). Although it's interesting,
changing materials for different activities is difficult and confusing.
I've been meaning to use the same media at the same time for each grade
level (or group the grades like some of you do), but it never seems to work
out that way. Because I remain flexible, and try to work along with what
other teachers are doing, I end up doing a whole spectrum of things!

I'm looking forward to it all!!! Seriously!