Fwd: Fees for Supplies

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
RWilk85411
Tue, 11 Aug 1998 15:44:34 EDT

--part0_902864675_boundary

From: RWilk85411
To: ckupcin
Subject: Re: Fees for Supplies
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 1998 15:41:26 EDT

In a message dated 8/11/98 11:06:36 AM Eastern Daylight Time, ckupcin
writes:

<< Just a thought . . . why should "everybody" be responsible? Aren't
taxpayers already supporting their districts through property taxes? Are
individual supplies too much to ask of parents these days (of proliferation
of Nike shoes, starter jackets, designer clothes)? >>
The current "it takes a village" theory goes just so
far!

Precisely my point. If we are not allowed to require students to pay for or
provide certain supplies, then the burden falls on the body of taxpayers in
the form of increased taxes. It just seems that the people who make these
decisions cannot see past their bleeding hearts. I have always made
arrangements for students who could not afford what was being asked of them or
whose parents refused to spend the money. I think that is infinitely fairer
than creating a situation that can only be supported with increased taxes.
Once again, the tail is wagging the dog.

Reatha

--part0_902864675_boundary--