Re: Fees

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
John & Sandra Barrick (astroboy)
Tue, 11 Aug 1998 11:30:14 -0400

It's really to bad companies such as Binney and Smith,Hallmark or
whoever owns art materials doesn't get into contribution like sport
companies do. Nike may be a tyrant but they also supply many schools
with balls,sports equipment, and shoes for kids. Microsoft helping
out with computer software you'd think they too would contribute. I
think there are a lot more than a few kids which are poor in this
country. I don't own a house,we have 1 -10 year old car,I would
consider myself to not have any money my entire adult life but
that's not what really matters to my kids. Lucky their parents are
both artist's because there are a lot of materials around here. The
answer is not taxing,taxing taxing,it may be that the companies in
this country are going to start having to pay to help with societies
problem(education being one). If nothing else on this list you can
see the diverse funds the schools have. Someone gets 3,000$ others
200$. Some schools get airconditioning others aren't heated. Paint
peeling vs. 24 computers with internet access. A free country and
free education should also mean equal education and equal freedom! I
don't believe the property taxes should pay for the district school
because it will always be unequal.
Sandra

--
john barrick