Re: Markers and Mona HELP!!!

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
John & Sandra Barrick (astroboy)
Tue, 11 Aug 1998 11:15:38 -0400

Maggie White wrote:

> Christine Merriam wrote:
> >
> > Sandra mentioned permanent markers.... something I dare not use. I find
> > students holding markers up to their nose because they know the fumes from
> > permanent markers make them high (and cause irreparable brain damage).
> Chris,
>
> We've had the same problem here for years (sniffing gasoline, markers,
> Liquid Paper); the sniffable office supplies are kept in the office safe.
> I use Crayola markers-
> Maggie

Well, this seems to have split onto another topic but I still have
not received info on what I originally asked. Let me just state I am
not using nor have I ever used perm. markers with school age kids.
My question stated that I am using it with the Mona Brookes
exercises at home with my 7 year old son. She uses perm. markers
with kids in her classes(young children). My son hasn't been
sniffing as I am close by and am watching. He is using sharpies but
they have a limited color range and I was hoping someone would be
able to tell me of another set of markers I could get with a wider
spectrum. I like Berol double points but don't believe they are made
anymore. Has anyone used Brooke's lessons with kids and what have
you used for them? Design markers bleed too much and have a lot of
fumes.
Sandra

--
john barrick
Sandra Barrick

  • Reply: Mrsbeeswax: "any great elem art curriculums to share ?? please!"