Re: decorating

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Litesal (Litesal)
Tue, 11 Aug 1998 10:24:35 -0400

-----Original Message-----
From: Melissa Chaney <meemo>
To: artsednet <artsednet.edu>
Date: Monday, August 10, 1998 11:40 PM
Subject: decorating

Dear Melissa and All,

I decorate my room with fine art prints. Next to the prints I have art
vocabulary, like the elements and principles that are most apparent in the
work. This is an invaluable teaching tool for me...because I can point out
what I'm trying to describe during discussions and demos. Students often
use the imagery they see around the room during times they are able to "free
draw", which is an added bonus. I also have my own paintings up along side
the masters, this has been the focus of many interesting conversations about
how artists are related to their work. Plus, students trust my opinions
more, when they see that I don't just teach art, I make it. I often hear,
"You're an artist too!!"

Sincerely, Leah