Re: Dry Pigments

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Joseph Augusta (jaugusta)
Mon, 10 Aug 1998 07:20:34 -0400

suzette milam wrote:
> What dry pigments are
> harmful to touch besides lead white? Thanks- Suzette

Suzette--

If you don't know what pigments you're using I'd toss the stuff.
Cadmiums, cobalts--the reds, yellows are toxic--other yellows--Naples
yellow--as well, many more. Not worth it. Look in Mayer's *The
Artist's Handbook of Materials and Techniques* for a complete list of
pigments and their properties.

Best wishes,
Joseph

PS This sounds horrible, like I've set you up--I haven't, BUT if you
decide not to use them I'll take them--I've been making my own paint for
years--and I'm half-gone now anyway. ;-)