Re: Art Teacher's salaries

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
San D Hasselman (kprs)
Sun, 09 Aug 1998 19:04:28 -0400

I agree with Fred, and while I'm at it, I wonder what DO you pay, for example
what are starting salaries at your school? I realize that salaries are directly
related to cost of living indexes in the areas where the schools are located.
Our part time teachers (and that is how I started) receive a fractionalized
salary based on how many classes they teach, plus a prep period. So, in our
district, (in New Jersey) we start our teachers at $35,000 for a seven period
day, which includes benefits. If you are a part time teacher and teach 4 periods
a day (approx. 1/2 day) you would receive 5/7ths or $25,000 as a beginning
teacher. This situation would change based on your years of experiences and
degrees earned. In your case I believe you were talking days vs. periods, and
that should be easy to compute based on a 180 day school year.

San D