Re: Egypt

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
freckles spots (freckles_spot)
Sun, 09 Aug 1998 10:39:09 PDT

I do a fun project with 1st and 2nd graders about Egyptian jewelery. I
cut paper to make a large "U" shape. The students paint them gold. the
next class we discuss "line" and "pattern". Then the students use 3-4
colors of oil pastels. Using different lines and patterns they decorate
the gold "U" shape into a necklace. when they are finished they are
very decorative and they have learned about line, pattern, egypt,
jewelery, and use of color.

Judy