Re: Egypt

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
freckles spots (freckles_spot)
Sun, 09 Aug 1998 10:39:09 PDT

I do a fun project with 1st and 2nd graders about Egyptian jewelery. I
cut paper to make a large "U" shape. The students paint them gold. the
next class we discuss "line" and "pattern". Then the students use 3-4
colors of oil pastels. Using different lines and patterns they decorate
the gold "U" shape into a necklace. when they are finished they are
very decorative and they have learned about line, pattern, egypt,
jewelery, and use of color.

>From Oklahoma

>Subject: Egypt
>Date: Sun, 9 Aug 98 09:59:23 -0000
>From: neal rosenblum <nrose757>
>To: <>
>Hey Arts Ed-Netters:
>Does anyone have any activites for a unit on egypt for Primary Grades?
>Thanks a lot and good luck getting your room all ready for the new
>neal Rosenblum
>Boulder Co
>1st grade

Get Your Private, Free Email at