Re: Markers and Mona HELP!!!

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Litesal (Litesal)
Thu, 6 Aug 1998 18:18:14 -0400

-----Original Message-----
From: Christine Merriam <ktwnldy.az.us>
To: astroboy <astroboy>
Cc: Debi13 <Debi13>; artsednet.edu
<artsednet.edu>
Date: Thursday, August 06, 1998 4:17 PM
Subject: Re: Markers and Mona HELP!!!

Christine wrote:

>Sandra mentioned permanent markers.... something I dare not use. I find
>students holding markers up to their nose because they know the fumes from
>permanent markers make them high (and cause irreparable brain damage). A
>teacher moved out and gave me a box of markers, and I had to separate the
>water based from permanent and trash the permanent markers after I found a
kid
>with glazed eyes holding a permanent marker..... =(
>What do the rest of you do?
>Chris Merriam

Dear Christine,

I only use permanent markers when I need to, like to color foil. The ones I
use (not sure what brand, get them from the office) are very low odor. And,
I just tell them right up front, that smelling them on purpose is bad for
them, so if they do it, no marker, no project, no grade.

Sincerely, Leah