Re: Chinese art ideas

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Thu, 06 Aug 1998 16:13:16 -0500

Peggi Brewton wrote:

> Hello ArtsEdNetters,
> I wonder if anyone out there has ideas for a unit on Chinese art for the
> elementary school? I have units on many cultures and time periods, but
> not much in this area...I'm willing to share.
> Thanks in advance,
> Peggi B
> artsmart
> Peggi B.
> artsmart

HI Peggi,
I've done Chinese calligraphy with 4th graders. They would do 3 to 4
characters on a scroll after a practice session. There is an excellent
storybook that can go with the lesson, but the name of it escapes me . I
have it written done at school if you want me to check it out. I've also
done Chinese Lion's masks with 1&2nd graders. They loved it!
Dover publications has a book on Chinese paper cutting. Hope this helps.