Re: (no subject)

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
freckles spots (freckles_spot)
Thu, 06 Aug 1998 06:23:04 PDT

As far as using books in my classroom, some of my favorites for
elementary are:

Where the Wild Things Are by Maurice Sendak (then make Wild Things mask
using large paper sacks and all sorts of scraps)

Any Eric Carle books (A House for a Hermit Crab...ties in with ocean
themes and lots of possiblities with the arts. I do a fingerpainted
underwater background, then have the students draw different creatures
that live underwater...real or imaginary.)

Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs...(great for weather units...then I
have them make a diorama and have "Cloudy with a Chance of ???" like
diamonds, cars, shoes, cats, etc.)

I agree on Shel Silverstein books....great imagery

and that is just off the top of my head...if I think of more I will let
you know.

Judy in Oklahoma

>From: BluesTruth
>Date: Wed, 5 Aug 1998 20:47:40 EDT
>To: artsednet.edu (ArtsEdNet)
>Cc: BluesTruth
>Subject: (no subject)
>
>Artnetters-
>Name your absolutely favorite book(s) that you love using as a great
catalyst
>for a super terrific art project. I love Maya Angelou (children
literature),
>Faith Ringgold's Tar Beach ; Jack Prelutsky's poetry, Dr. Suess, and
all of
>Shel Silverstein's books.
>I 've thought of many art projects for my k-8th grade students, while
reading
>those wonderful gems to them. More important-the kids love the books as
well!
>What about you? What are your favorites? Of course, I go for
"politically
>correct," (no sexism, please)! Multicultural, multiracial,
moralistic,etc.