Re: crayola vs. Prang Crayons

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
gregjuli
Wed, 05 Aug 1998 10:11:46 -0500

MarshArt wrote:

> At our last Florida Art Educators Convention, I sampled the new Prang soybean
> crayons and LOVED them. Great color intensity and density and they didn't
> flake when applied heavily. As my new boxes of Crayola wear our, I am going
> to order Prang.
>
> I also use Prang watercolor sets with refillable pans for my upper grades. The
> colors are also very intense with great saturation with washes. When one color
> is used up, I just have the student replace the pan. It is very cost effective
> in the long run. The brushes that come with the sets are also quite good
> compared to Crayola.
>
> Just a freebie from Marsha

HI, I've been working with the new soy crayons too. And like Marsha I find they
work very nicely-especially for batiking - no fumes!!! The guy from the Prang Co.
told me they were completely non-toxic. They are the first crayons to go up in
space! They were developed by 3 Purdue students as part of a contest by The
Soybean Council.
MaryB.