Re: repousse questions in mid. school/h.s..........

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
carla schiller (charwitt.us)
Tue, 4 Aug 1998 18:21:19 -0700 (PDT)

Bunki--
I wanted my Art History students to get the "feel" of repousse, so I
brought in aluminum foil and popsicle sticks. Some of the work was
amazing! I didn't use a technique book -- but I showed them various works
utilizing repousse. I found a lot of images in books of Byzantine and
Celtic art.

Hope this helps.
--Carla

Carla Schiller, Esq.
Teacher, Highly Gifted Magnet
North Hollywood High School, CA
e-mail: charwitt.us
"When you know a thing, to hold that you know it; and when you do not
know a thing, to allow that you do not know it--this is knowledge."
--Kongzi (Confucius)