Re: artsednet-digest V2 #866

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Luc Desdoigts (ldesdoi@club-internet.fr)
Tue, 04 Aug 1998 18:58:27 +0200

--------------1FA4FDB631FD7493DF9527E8

> Date: Sat, 1 Aug 1998 20:27:39 EDT
> From: MarshArt
> Subject: Re: students missing art class
>
> I too, have had teachers keep students so they could finish classwork or make
> up work and believe it or not... for class parties! I cannot tell you how
> much this "burns" me. Classes have gone on trips and I have never been
> notified. I prepared for the class and no one showed up. This seemed to be the
> prevailing attitude in my school until I spoke with each teacher and told them
> that their attitude about art was reflecting on my students, who felt that it
> was not a valued subject. They were horrified they had been so insensituve.
>
> We need to constantly project the concept that ART is verrrry important to the
> student's intellectual development, etc. and stand our ground when it is not
> treated with respect.
> Now ...... I actively involve the teachers in the lessons.

Dear Artsednetters

1. Could any one explain to me what are the grades?
What age are the students in which grade ?
Any National site for Education ?

2. It's funny to see we have exactly the same problems here in France.

I have found very interesting proposals for teaching art in :

http://www.cyberscol.qc.ca/Arts/AA