Re:Calif. Conference

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
suzette milam (smilam)
Tue, 04 Aug 1998 09:49:51 +0000

Bunki Kramer wrote:

> Hi....didn't realize we live so close...well, at least not cross
> country. I
> have a good art teacher friend who lives near Bakersfield....Art
> Sherwyn.
> Do you know him? I think he lives in Pumpkin Corner.
>
> Are you planning to attend the state conference (November) in Oakland
> this
> year? I'm on the planning committee...actually, I'm the secretary of
> the
> group. How I lucked out on the easiest job, I don't know. At least I'm
> not
> head of one of the committees. All I have to do is take the minutes of
> the
> numerous Saturday meetings. The conference chairman is from Los Lomas
> H.S.
> in Walnut Creek so that's how I got involved. It's really going to be
> something. I understand the next one will be in Pasadena...down your
> way.

Bunki,

I LOVE Art Sherywn. I was so jealous when one of the other art teachers at our
school had the opportunity to go to his workshop in Cambria this summer. I
taught summer school.

I have gone to every State Conference since I've been teaching, so far.Some I
have paid for, others the school has picked up the tab. I really feel that
they are necessary to keep improving the quality of my teaching. To me, if I
come home with just one new thing that I will really use, then it was worth
going. I feel so pumped when I come back.
I don't want to organize any conference. I would be to stressed to enjoy it.

I bet I would know your face if I saw it. Usually the same basic group of
people go to those conferences. Did you go to the National Conference when it
was in San Fran? Suzette