Re: about Roseart markers......

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
John & Sandra Barrick (astroboy)
Tue, 04 Aug 1998 11:53:54 -0400

Toulouse95 wrote:

> Does anyone know of a good, cheap brand of colored pencils? My students prefer
> Design ones a little over the Berol Prismacolors, but at roughly $8 a dozen
> for either, I can't get many. I sure like the soft ones, of course. The Kodak
> brand is the cheapest ones I've found that aren't terribly hard. ColorArt ones
> are sad.

I have another pesty suggestion:

Working in art supplies in the past I can tell you we had hundreds
of colored pencils which were discontinued and we'd save stuff for
customers who liked old stuff. I personally like (and am quite
distressed that they have been bought out and discontinued)
Design,"Spectracolors" BooHoo. I have probably 10 black ,white,blue
and then a set of 60. Anyway,go into any art supply and ask if they
have any discontinued colored pencils(you'll probably get a bunch of
watercolour
pencils as for some reason everyone experiments with those),ask them
to donate(for the tax free status) or a 50% off etc. Talk to the
person who does the purchasing or the manager(however looks least
uptight).
While your at it also check out their older display
tables,lights,matt board scaps,etc. There is a lot of crap that can
be cleaned out. Also look for that summer/warehouse sale. After
spending several weekends doing inventory on all this old crap,we
would have loved for a teacher to want the stuff.
Sandra
P.S. I've bought Roseart for my son last year and they lasted the
whole year(Markers) my husband was layed off and I was doing art lit
(Volun)
They worked fine for him,but that was the only time I did it. I
don't like the other stuff though. I also prefer Prang removable
W/C.
I am guilty of buying crayola this year and I'm happy with it,but I
wish it was cheaper.(The child refused my Berol pencils,and
supracolor W/C pencils though).

Sandra
john barrick
Sandra Barrick