Re: repousse

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
gregjuli
Mon, 03 Aug 1998 20:39:14 -0500

Lauretta A. Hendricks-Backus wrote:

> Hey all, excuse my ignorance but what is "repousse"?
>
> Retta

It's drawing on tooling foil or a thin sheet of copper. The drawn area
can be raised to create a relief. The tooling foil is turned over and
the foil stretched or puffed out with a wooden tool like a popscicle
stick to create the raised area. This is done with a padding of
newspaper or a magazine underneath. I like to use pens to draw on the
foil or copper. Pencils also work fine for the foils.
MaryB.