Re: Design Principles

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Lauretta A. Hendricks-Backus (lhb.edu)
Mon, 03 Aug 1998 07:58:01 -0500

Marsha,

Yes I use their regular seats as stations. I have their tables grouped in
six as six areas. Approximately 4 kids per table. It works fine. I use
this rotating system frequently to glaze ceramics even to paint. Some
times I rotate the materials as opposed to the kids, by keeping the
materials in flat moveable trays. The kids are very familiar with the
command "Rotate!" and what I mean by carrying their work "like a plate of
spaghetti", very carefully. It is a good way to economically use more of
or a variety of materials with lots of kids in a short amount of time (40
minutes including clean-up) and in a small amount of space.

It works for me.

Retta