Re:Where is home?

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
suzette milam (smilam)
Sun, 02 Aug 1998 16:41:49 +0000

Bunki Kramer wrote:

> All this leads me into asking you at what level do you teach and where
> do
> you live?

Hi Bunki,
I live in the Central Valley, California. Porterville is a relatively small
town of 35,000 nestled in the foothills of the Sierras. We are somewhat in
between Bakersfield and Fresno. I teach at one of two High Schools here. We
have three art teachers for a campus of 2400 kids (we are awaiting the
construction of a third school to be completed). Classes are 36 kids deep.
Elbow to Elbow in my room.

I like Walnut Creek. It is a nice town with mild weather. Danville sounds
similar.

Yep, I am a tough but fair teacher and Mom. Two of my three boys are now at
the high school with me. It have some advantages and disadvantages. They don't
get away with much, but they can come in and bum more lunch money. :)
Suzette Milam