Re: design principles vs. crafts

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Rosa Juliusdottir (rojul)
Sun, 2 Aug 1998 11:34:41 -0500

Yes this is so very important. We have a job also in educating the "others"
Jasmine wrote:
>You might try creating a brief explanation of the project to display along
>with the work. A catchy headline, examples of artist's work emphasizing
>the same principle, a simple summary of the objectives, etc. can all be
>helpful. It's a way of reinforcing the lesson with the students and
>educating everybody else.
...and a good way to do that is like you say; explaining or telling about
the project, what the students were studying etc., about how you
introduced them to artists and art history or aesthetic comments the
students might have made. Since I started doing this especially at our big
spring show(but also during the year) I find that it makes a different. It
is also good to connect it to the students cognitive developement, like
the show on artsednet: Cognition and creation.
Best regards from the far north, Rosa