Re: art on-line mentors

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Robert Alexander Fromme (rfromme)
Wed, 27 Aug 1997 21:10:40 -0500

Respond to this message.

At 11:12 AM 8/27/97 -0600, Pat Hamilton wrote:
>Hi! I work for Redondo Beach City Schools and we are looking for some
>on-line mentors for the students grades 6 through 12 to communicate
>

>in the field of art. Any Ideas?

Hi, Pat

I would be happy to help. I have been a potter for thirty years, adjunct
college and adult craft center instructor for 20 years, spent 5 years
teaching middle school art and three theaching in the high school.

You also may want to set up a letter exchange with my students. I have two
classes of drawing1 (28 and 30 kids) and one class of Electronics in the
Visual Arts (18 kids). We could also do some things with Cu-SeeMe if you
have that technology in the classroom. (It requires an AV card and camera
on a Mac and a Video card and Camera on a PC) The software can be downloaded
from Cornell University site.

Well, let me know if you want me to mentor a student or if you want to do an
exchange.

Bob Frommme rfromme

http://www.stic.net/users/rfromme/index.html
http://www.esc20.tenet.edu/districts/eastcentral/index.html