Re: Class Rules

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Mark Alexander (mamjam)
Wed, 27 Aug 1997 07:06:45 -0500

Respond to this message.

Dear Karen, Melissa, and all,

These are wonderful tactics to get the students involved in creating class
guidelines! If they have taken a large part in designing the guidelines
then they'll more likely be willing participants in carrying them out. It
sounds like a plan I may use. I like the fact that Melissa's class list is
all positive, not a list of "thou shalt not's..." . As the teacher, does
your guidance have to be very subtle, or do you think the teacher should
take a participatory role equal or more to the students while designing the
guidelines? Would it be a good idea for a student volunteer to write ideas
and phrases on the board as the class brainstorms? Keep on posting these
great suggestions! Thanks,

Mark Alexander
1-8 Art on the Cart
Lee H. Kellogg School