Note: To protect the privacy of our members, e-mail addresses have been removed from the archived messages. As a result, some links may be broken.
1. BE PREPARED:(desk cleared off except for pencil & art book, have all your
2. FOLLOW DIRECTIONS: (be quiet so you can hear directions, raise hand to
ask questions if you don't understand)
3. RESPECT OTHERS: (don't touch other peoples' belongings without asking,
if you can't say something nice - don't say anything at all, return borrowed
4. STAY IN SEAT: (ask permission to get out of seat)
5. ENJOY!! (Art will be fun for everyone when we all follow the rules)
The other art teacher I worked with had kids copy the list a number of times
if they were continually having a discipline problem. In the lower grades I
had the kids only write the bold words, but would discuss the other
We are also supposed to have a posted list of consequences, but I never did -
I didn't have many discipline problems.
I would be interested in hearing other teachers' lists of classroom rules
:) Laura Allan