Re: question

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Fran Marze (fmaiu+@pitt.edu)
Tue, 12 Aug 1997 21:47:05 -0400 (EDT)

Respond to this message.

I think it is great to be a practicing artist, but sometimes it isn't
feasible. I think both a practicing and a teaching artist can be a
valuable teacher. Because of my family situation, I was never able to
exhibit much, but I tried to do some. A great teacher who is retired from
public school teaching but is teaching at community college organized an
exhibit of art teachers and the presentation was so satisfying even though
the work was so diverse. he had a reception for the participants and it
was a great experience. So maybe those that cannot do a fulltime
practicing can group with others for some satisfaction. Teaching well is
also an art!Great question to consider and ponder. Fran

On Tue, 12 Aug 1997 RWilk85411 wrote:

> I have a question I would like to place before this distinguished group.
>
> In your opinion should art teachers be practicing artists? Yes or no? Why or
> why not?
>
> Reatha Wilkins
> Carolina Forest High School
> Myrtle Beach, SC