Re: question

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
carla harwitt (charwitt.us)
Tue, 12 Aug 1997 14:15:48 -0700 (PDT)

Respond to this message.

Reatha, Do you mean studio art teachers or do you also include art
history? If the latter, I am a Social Studies teacher who teaches AP Art
History and I think it's a valid backgroun; I make up for my relative
ignorance on creating art by bringing in guest artists. I also know
artists who teach art history and work with historians to fill in their
social science gaps. Regarding studio art, as a parent I would want to
know that my child's art teacher is her/himself an artist (whether
professional or amateur).
Hope this helps.
--Carla in LA

On Tue, 12 Aug 1997 RWilk85411 wrote:

> I have a question I would like to place before this distinguished group.
>
> In your opinion should art teachers be practicing artists? Yes or no? Why or
> why not?
>
> Reatha Wilkins
> Carolina Forest High School
> Myrtle Beach, SC