Using plastic droppers

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Bunki Kramer (bkramer.us)
Fri, 8 Aug 1997 10:34:06 -0700

Respond to this message.

you wrote:
>Just curious. What do you use plastic droppers for?
>Ciao,
>Marilyn Juda-Orlandi
>Rome, Italy

Hi, Marilyn.....

Just a few ideas off the top of my head.

These little droppers make useful tools. Try diff. colors of paint
"dropped" on paper which has been rolled into an S-shape and roll it back
and forth. Makes good texture, background or a design all it's own.

Have students fill them with clorox (outside, of course) and have kids
"draw" trees on colored construction paper. Clorox will fade the paper
almost immediately. Let dry and bring inside, ink around the clorox portion
and it's lovely.

Can actually paint with them instead of brushes.

I use them, one per table, with wee containers of liquid soap so kids can
make their own mixture of soap and water to add to their individual paint
tray tempera colors. I like the students to learn how to make their own
mixtures for the inking process of scratchboard art. We use several diff.
colors in making "ink" for this process.

Can you think of more? Cya......................

Bunki Kramer
Los Cerros Middle School
Danville, California 94526
bkramer.ca.us