Re: Postings

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Diane C. Gregory, Ph.D. (dg09)
Thu, 07 Aug 1997 20:06:45 -0500 (CDT)

Respond to this message.

Dear Ann and Sis. Huebner and everyone:

In a recent post from the Getty they mentioned that unfortunately, they
would be including the unsubscribe messages in our e-mail while they work
on correcting their software problem. They are trying to resolve the
problem and are aware of the problem.

As someone who runs a lab and maintains a web server, I understand how much
work is involved in trying to provide this wonderful list. It can be very
time consuming and sometimes there can be software and hardware problems
that no one seems to know how to fix. It can be exasperating.

I am sure everything will get back to normal soon. In the meantime, let's
all try to ignore the unsubscribe messages and focus on the other wonderful
messages we get from our colleagues.

Since school is starting soon for many of us, I am sure the list will
become very active again and these unsubscribes will be few and far
between.

I am off to celebrate with my mother her 70th birthday. What a gal she is!

Cheers everyone!

Diane

At 11:15 AM 08/07/1997, Ann Wilschke wrote:
>I am having the same problem and have since I subscribed in June.
> Ann Wilschke
>
>On Mon, 4 Aug 1997, HuebnerC wrote:
>
>> Dear Sirs: I realize that you are off-line because of a changeover in
>> software, buildings, etc. THE PROBLEM: I keep getting postings to the
>> Getty and "unsubscribe" messages - 29 to date! Please help.
>>
>> Sister Carla Huebner e-mail: huebnerc

Diane C. Gregory, Ph.D.
Associate Professor of Art Education
Department of Art and Design