re:graphic arts

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Fran Marze (fmaiu+@pitt.edu)
Thu, 7 Aug 1997 14:14:36 -0400 (EDT)

Respond to this message.

Carla; I have not personally used a LCD projector yet, but I understand we
have one so I plan to use it in the fall. However, I just took a weekend
workshop at Art Institute in Pittsburgh for educators and one of the
instructors used it to show us how to use Photoshop. It was great as we
could see what he was doing on the screen as he explained. It connected to
the computer and projected a large image on the wall. I also have only 7
computers in the general art room and have to allow students to rotate on
them. There is not the big demand since we now have a Computer Art I and
Computer Art II class taught in an extra math computer room for two years
now. In Art I, however, we have taken all the students to the general use
mac lab and showed them Superpaint (15 copies)and then allowed them to
work in art room on rotating basis. We have five ocpies of
Superpaing, One illustrator, ofoto, photoshop, Fractal Painter 3, Fractal
Painter 4. We have a CD rom and some good art history programs. hopefully,
we will have a power mac added this year and updated memory.

On Wed, 6 Aug 1997, carla harwitt wrote:

> Thanks for your info on how you use limited computers in your classes.
> Regarding the Zane CD-Roms, I have a question. I already have the "History
> through Art" series. Does the "History through Art and Music" duplicate a
> lot of the same art material?
>
> Also, for anyone out there, has anyone used either an LCD panel or LCD
> projetor, or a very large screen TV, to project a computer screen for all
> the class to see? I have about $2000 for a grant to get one of these and
> I just don't know people who have researched this. Any suggestions?
> Thanks!
>
> --Carla in LA
>
> P.S. I teach AP Art History, not Studio Art

Respond to this message.