RE: Art Birthday Parties

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Sears, Ellen (ESears.us)
Thu, 7 Aug 1997 12:25:27 -0400

Respond to this message.

Some ideas -
Anything with Sculpey Clay - you would have to start the party, break
for cake etc., while the pieces bake, then regroup.

Foil sculptures over wire armatures (if it's outside you could also use
the plaster gauze over the foil - the plaster dries fast, you could be
done in under an hour).

Wire sculptures - just get a roll of annealed wire - have blocks of wood
and a drill handy for mounting (the ends of the wire fit into the base).
You may even want to get a collection of old jewelry from Goodwill. I
have a large container of beads from necklaces I have taken apart. We
use them for accents. You would need to have some pliers...

If you use metal toiling foil, you could have them draw on it, punch it
-whatever, and even use it to create picture frames, small wall
hangings...

Use galvanized sheet metal that you have cut into simple shapes, primed
and added a light base color to. They could use paint pens, metallic
pens or acrylic paints for smaller designs. Punch a hole for hanging.

Use really good construction paper - bold colors - to have them trace
their hands. Cut them out, glue to another paper (Black looks good)
Use small pieces of the paper to cut into triangles, zig zags, dots,
rectangles.... to create a pattern around the hand. Have the pieces
layered, small dots on rectangles with zig zags connecting. We have put
them into plastic box frames - they really look good.

This month's Southern Living magazine has an article about art sessions
in the home. (It may even be for an 'art' party) It is more for using a
still life, watercolors and so on. Suggestions on quick displays before
taking them home...
Good luck,
Ellen Sears
Anchorage, KY.