re:graphic arts

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Robert Alexander Fromme (rfromme)
Thu, 07 Aug 1997 00:52:59 -0500

Respond to this message.

At 07:00 PM 8/6/97 -0700, carla harwitt wrote:

>Also, for anyone out there, has anyone used either an LCD panel or LCD
>projetor, or a very large screen TV, to project a computer screen for all
>the class to see? I have about $2000 for a grant to get one of these and
>I just don't know people who have researched this. Any suggestions?

I use a color LCD screen in the class room all the time and I love it. The
image is a bit light and washed out but acceptable. Be sure to get a low
heat overhead projector or the heat from the overhead can fry your
LCD......so I have been told.

I have also used a Sharp projector and found that it puts up an even
clearer, sharper image, but the cost is going to be double or tripple. (More
then your grant.)

I can not help with the large screen TV. It sounds like an alternative but
it would be less portable and a problem if you do any off campus
demonstrations, etc.

Bob Fromme

Respond to this message.