Re: PICTURE LADY PROGRAM

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Ruth Voyles (rvoyles)
Thu, 29 Aug 1996 23:10:14 -0500 (EST)

Maureen:

Toledo Public Schools has a "picture lady" program which is supported by
the Toledo Museum of Art. The volunteers receive in-service training at
the museum from docents and education staff. PTA members run the program
in the schools, deciding what reproductions are used and managing
volunteer scheduling. For each grade level (1-6) one reproduction per
month is chosen for the nine months school is in session. Volunteers
decide how they want to present the work of art and what "hands on"
activity the children will do. Parents and grandparents of children in
the schools are encouraged to volunteer for this program (I volunteered
for two years in my children's school). Many retired teachers also
participate in the program.

If you have any other questions, let me know! Hope this helps.
Ruth