(Fwd) The "New" Art History

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Nancy Walkup (walkup)
Mon, 26 Aug 1996 16:54:32 CST6CDT

From: Self <ART/WALKUP>
To: k12artsed-center.org
Subject: The "New" Art History
Cc: TEACHART
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 1996 16:52:22 CST6CDT

Greetings to all:

As the project coordinator for the North Texas Institute for
Educators on the Visual Arts, I am responsible for the content
of our newsletter and web site (http://www.art.unt.edu/ntieva/).
I am in the process of beginning our fall issue, which will
focus on art history and am hoping that some of you out there in
cyberspace will have ideas and suggestions for critical art
history issues or concerns that I should include.

Some questions to consider (listed in no particular order):

What are the most significant issues concerning art history
today?

What is the value of teaching art history in elementary and
secondary schools?

Is there a "new" art history? If so, how is it different?

What successful strategies or approaches have you used in
teaching art history? With elementary students? With secondary
students?

Has DBAE affected art history? If so, in what ways?

Is art history contributing to interdisciplinary approaches to
teaching?

I appreciate any contributions or suggestions. If you include
your snail mail address, I'll add you to our mailing list for
our (free) newsletter and will make my final material available
to all.

Thanks for your help,

Nancy

Nancy Walkup, Project Coordinator